Wednesday 22 January 2014

The Timmy Pillow

It has been a weird week so far, and a quite unproductive one too. We have been celebrating two birthdays and eating too much cake, I shipped off 3 competition/challenge pieces before the deadlines, did plenty of comfort shopping, and finished a class sample/exhibition piece with invisible binding. I have taken progress pictures, and will post them soon.

I just realized I never finished my Christmas posts, but cute pillows are cute at any time of the year, right?

Grandbaby’s Timmy Time Pillow was a big hit (WIP post here).

It is soft and cuddly and he sleeps with it every night.

The choice of fleece as background and “wool” was perfect as it makes the pillow ever so soft and cuddly.

I made a little booboo quilting the white in the eyes

but nothing that couldn’t be corrected with a black fabric marker.

Timmy needed something in the background, so we have got the Kindergarten building

and a green, bubbly fabric which I have used for grass on more than one occasion. The bubbles look like flowers to me.

The cover has a zipper closure.

I am immensely proud of that closure ‘cause even the corners turned out right.

Not bad for a recovering zipper-o-phobic. I’d say. More Christmas gifts to follow.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Hello from Queensland Auatralia ... I have to write and let you know that I eagerly await your post .. I love your cute designs and Thread work too. Just wanted to say thank you and I will make a "Timmy" Pillow too for a cute little bub. Kind regards Joyclyn T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both the Timmy and the Soccer pillow! TRhe zipper closure looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No counting sheep with a buddy as cute as this! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Timmy turned out very cute and I can see a definite cuddly factor. But really, Nina Lise.....there is no such thing as TOO MUCH cake! Never!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.