Tuesday 28 January 2014

Make an Invisible binding

There are some quilts that look better without borders and bindings, and invisible binding is a perfect way of finishing them. I recently had to finish one of the samples for the Layer upon layer Movement class for an upcoming exhibition, and it was always meant to not have a visible finishing.

Looks quite nice and clean, doesn’t it.

One of my friends asked me how to do just so the other day, so I took progress pictures as I was working. Now, I am sure there are many ways of making this type of finishing, like there is for all other things quilty, but this is how I make mine – click HERE to go to the post at my Tutorial blog.

There are so many of my classes where the students would benefit from learning this finishing technique, so I’m planning to make step-by-step samples, but for now this will have to do.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.