Wednesday 23 October 2013

Pointed needles

Before I got hooked on quilting, I was hooked on needlepoint embroidery. I would work in a very similar way as I do now – I had an idea, drew it up and got to work. I equipped all my family and quite a few others with original pillows, and when I ran out of people to whom I could gift such a time consuming treasure, I put the unfinished embroideries away.

I shared some of them in this post back when I, once again, came across them in a closet and though “oh, that’s too bad, all that work and here they are just laying collecting dust” and wowed to use them for something useful. Did that happen? Not so much.

I wish I had pictures of them all as quite a few of them would make great quilt designs, so I try to get some shots of them when our paths meet.

This is my mother in law’s pillow, one of the last that I finished and made with scraps of wool yarn from other projects.

Sounds familiar, doesn’t it.)

I just finished another pillow this week, but the only things they have in common are that they are pillows and they are made by me. Just waiting for proper light to get pictures.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nina Lise! Your pillow is beautiful! Needlepoint is something that i have never tried but some fantastic design are in my mind these days. I ordered some Kaffe Fassett's fabrics and I can't forget his amazing needlepoint designs. I hope you can get some photos of your earlier works. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is impressing work!!! I am not surprised - you are excellent in color work and expression. I have never seen anything like it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pillow! Love all the depth to the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nina! You are so good at so many things. Love the needlepoint, especially the stained glass looking one. The colors are so pretty... and the one for your MIL is amazing. You really outdid yourself.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.