Tuesday 24 September 2013

Instant thread stand

If you are in need of a thread stand for jumbo sized spools that won't fit anywhere, a clothes pin and a large soda bottle will do the trick. Just pinch the clothes pin on top of the spout and thread the thread through the spiral-y part. 


I have posted about by my thread stand jug, the scissors & tape, and the curtain clip & tape solutions earlier. All good.

Thankfully this one too works like a charm, so now I'm ready for some big cone free motion play. 

How do you solve the issue with large cones?

Thanks for stopping by!

Edit: I have added links to the previous posts.

3 comments:

  1. Very tacky, but I have placed a cone inside a glass jar (keeps it from tipping over) and put the jar behind the machine, just pulling the thread over the back. My mother-in-law had a paperclip in the mini-blinds behind her machine and ran the cone thread through that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if my cone is that big, but I shoved an empty spool into it, and loaded the whole cone on the spool holder. It works for me.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea---thanks bunches for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.