Tuesday 9 April 2013

What I see

Barely finishing up the quilting stitches on my mother's quilt, I am starting up another one. I pulled fabrics for a quilt for grandbaby a year and a half or so ago, and now it was time to revisit the stack of fabrics.

Our guild had a bring a UFO to meeting day back then, and I brought home a small tumbler top in soft blues and greens. Wanting to spice it up a little, I pulled some batiks for borders and there I left it.

I have changed my mind about the layout and the restricted colour scheme, so I have issued a little challenge for myself - making a quilt from the first pick only adding what's sitting here right in front of me, which is scraps from the Tea towel quilt and mother's quilt.

Should be interesting enough - What I see is what I'll use.


2 comments:

  1. I cant wait to see it...you are really good with color and I already like what you have.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.