Monday 24 September 2012

Monday morning

Monday morning started quite grumpy. A cold hit our household last week, and add a teething baby to the mix, well, some of us did not sleep very well. Fortunately things lightened up very quickly. A peaceful morning with the boys, doing the kindergarten run with the oldest, a good breakfast and realizing I’m actually ahead on the preparations for upcoming classes, I am happy to say all’s well.

I spent a few hours in my sewing room yesterday and after I excavated the area around my sewing machine, it was fun.

My project did not turn out like I envisioned at all, but that’s fine, sometime quilts have minds of their own, don’t they. Only a few threads to finish and it’s done.

I made a few kits with bits and pieces at the same time; better to do it when everything is out already.

Daughter is very happy with her new, super soft alpaca sweater and would like another one in dark brown. We’ll see.


Right now MIL is taking grandbaby for a stroll and won’t be back for an hour. Hmm, what to do, what to do. Knit? Sew? Lunch? Laundry? Nothing? Oh yes, like the sound of that…

2 comments:

  1. Oh nice all around. Fun kits and what a sweet quilt, what I can see of it anyway and the sweater is gorgeous and she looks so good with the scarf! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina, what a beautiful jumper!
    Thanks for being a part of Blogtoberfest, hosted by Cathy aka {tinniegirl} last year. Thought you might be interested to know that we're running it again in 2012. You can find all the info at: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/blogtoberfest-2012.html
    And we're kicking off this Monday! Would love to see you there.
    Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.